From: Sara Moulton Weeknight Meals
Ingredients:
Sandwich ham slices, 1 - 2 per serving
Pico de Gallo (you could use chopped sauteed mushrooms, bell peppers, or anything that sounds good in an omelet. I get the pre-chopped pico from the salad section at the store.)
Butter
One egg per serving
Grated cheese
Salsa
Sour cream
Grease a muffin tin and place a slice or two of ham to line each cup, with the ham extending above the edges. Scoop in some veggies to half full. Add a little pat of butter and some salt/pepper. Crack an egg on top and lightly poke it down into the veggies. Put a mound of grated cheese on top (I like monterey jack).
Bake at 400 degrees for around 20 minutes, or until the top expands like a muffin. (The show suggested 15 minutes for baking, but this was to get a runny yolk - and I'm no fan of runny yolks - so I cook them for longer.) Let them sit for a couple of minutes before removing the ham cups to a serving dish.
Serve with salsa and sour cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment